Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Run like you can't fail

It's been a while since the last time I updated this blog and A LOT has happened. We had our fundraising party back on January 30th and raised over $6,000. Thanks to everyone that came, that donated and helped make it such a great success. Overall I have surpassed my fundraising goal and now just shy of $12,000 raised.

On the training front, with the big day just a few days away there is not much left to do but rest and try not to go crazy with excitement and emotions. I completed my last long run, 2o miles, back on March 28th as I participated in the Eastern States 20-miler, a race from Kittery, ME to Hampton, NH. I felt pretty good in general after the race....with the exception of my knee. The IT Band problem I had early in my training flared up again in the last few mile of the run and although I was able to push through to the end of the race I knew it was going to be a problem with just a few weeks to go until the marathon. I have been resting, icing, stretching, getting physical therapy and limiting my workouts to the Arc Trainer. At this point, I have done everything I can possibly do to prepare and I am determined to simply enjoy the experience.

Today I read a post by elite American marathoner Ryan Hall, where he encouraged people to let go and run the race like they couldn't fail. No matter what happens on Monday, sore knee, tired legs, or blisters, I know I can not fail....because thanks to so many generous friends and family members we have raised close to $12,000.....this journey has already been a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment